Monday, November 10, 2008

Another Marvelous Monday


“God's voice thunders in marvelous ways; he does great things beyond our understanding. He says to the snow, 'Fall on the earth,' and to the rain shower, 'Be a mighty downpour.”- Job 37:5-6

I didn't know what to blog about today- so I said to myself, "Brenda... why don't you bring up Biblegateway.com and blog about their verse of the day, whatever it is?" So I did- and that's it above. This is kind-of cool because I've been stuck (in my own mind) on that word "marvelous" since last Monday's post... "Marvelous Monday" in which I quoted a verse from Psalms where it said something like, "I will tell of all the marvelous things he has done". If you know the song, it has been playing in my head quite frequently since then... "He's done marvelous, he has done marvelous things... praise the Lord". (Or pick one of the other three parts- the whole song is playing in my head). :-)

I like that word "marvelous" to describe God.... and it's quite true that although I think I understand scientifically why we have snow and rain (emotionally, I think we could do without the snow, but that's a topic for another day)... there is much about creation that is such a mystery. Like, for example, birds flying "south" (or arriving in the South?!) in recent days... I have thought about how amazing that is that birds just instinctively know in their teeny tiny brains when it is time to seek warmer climates and they all get up in groups and fly away. Marvelous, huh?

1 comments:

Kristy said...

Yes, He is marvelous. We have been seeing Canadian Geese here - how marvelous is that? We went to the mall the other day, and as we were walking across the parking lot - they flew overhead, honking away. Joshua got a kick out of that - as did the rest of us.